Online Education is that wonderful meal for those who are willing to continue their education irrespective of their economic background. Pursuing higher studies is often a dream for many that come from a lower economic status and also for those living in the suburban. The field of education is that sector that has witnessed a great transition enabling many to have a taste of it. Online education is the product of the great transition that has worked wonders for many who were dependent on it.
With the widespread technology usage in the field of education, many online education platforms have taken birth reaching out to learners globally. Every online education platform comes with several features and claiming to serve the need of learners. However, there are basic features that every online education platform should provide. They are:
- Individual Learning: The online educational platform should create an individual learning stage for learners. Not every student has the same pace to learn and hence the platform should support individual learning enabling the learners to learn at their convenience and speed. Online learning resources should help students to gather and gain information without the involvement of teachers physically.
- Interactive: It should provide an interactive basement for the learners i.e., in the case of any queries the students can interact with the instructors and learn from them. Every individual should be entrusted with an instructor or educator to help him study and learn effectively. Instructors should build online communications so that students may feel more comfortable talking openly with their teachers through online chats, emails and newsgroup discussions rather than face-to-face.
- Accessibility: The online educational platform should be accessible to all the students availing the platform. One can access from anywhere across the world using his smartphones, tablets or any electronic devices. All lectures and needed materials are provided online so you can easily access them from the comfort of your home
- Affordable: The online programs are and should be cheaper when compared to the ones held in a traditional campus setting. There are few programs that even provide Financial Aid for learners who cannot afford this fee.
- Quality Teaching: This is a mandatory feature for any online educational platform. Instructors need to establish strategies for addressing the quality of the online learning experience, including content resources, live chats and video conferences.
As online education gains momentum, these are the basic features that every online educational platform should infuse in its curriculum providing opportunities for flexibility of scheduling and cost efficiency.
best e learning platform best online learning platform best online learning platforms distance learning platforms e learning platforms e learning platforms for education elearning platforms elearning platforms for online education free online learning platforms free online teaching platform learning platforms online education platform online learning platforms online learning platforms comparison online teaching platform online training platform online training platforms popular e learning platforms training platforms types of online learning platforms