All client information is also protected against misuse and illegal access. We do not store any financial data on our servers, such as credit card information.
MyClassboard (MCB) operates a web-based and mobile application called MyClassboard (MCB) which is a part of the service that we offer.
Data Controller and Data Processor
We process four main types of user data.
- Customer Data: It involves personal data provided by our customers and their end-users for availing of our services.
- Other Data – It involves personal data about our visitors and other individuals that are collected and processed directly for marketing purposes.
MyClassboard (MCB) will only use the customer’s personal information for providing relevant services to the customers as contractually agreed beforehand. Our customers control Customer Data. We are only the processor of customer data and controller of other data.
What Information Do We Collect?
Customers who use the MyClassboard (MCB) programme give us data (students, parents, staff, visitors, and others) for processing.
When customers or end users send us information or upload files to the service, we process Customer Data on their behalf. Customers who use our application, for instance, may upload customer data on themselves or their staff members (students, parents, staff, visitors, and others) such as;
- Personal information: It may include, Name, Email address, User IDs, and Address as part of creating an MCB user account.
- Location: We collect geolocation details to provide location-sensitive functionalities in our mobile application.
- Photos and Videos: Photo and Video information are part of user creation and interactions you may have while using our functions.
- Files and documents: Various files and document information are part of the information required while using any functions on our platform.
- App activity: We may process information on the specific features, duration, frequency, and actions you take when using the Mobile Application or any of our websites to which the Mobile Application links.
- Device or other IDs: Device data are part of account signup information that we require to ensure login to MCB users.
This information is data related to fee collection and admissions, hiring, payroll, employee information, bank account information, tax records, etc.
Customer data, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, mobile platform, and the unique device identifier (UDID), is also automatically collected when our customers or their end users use our goods and services.
As customers, you provide us with data (Students / Parents / Staff / Visitors and Others) for processing as part of the MyClassboard (MCB) application usage.
Customer Data is processed by us when the customers or their end-users, provide us or upload information into the service. For example, customers who use our application may upload Customer Data ( Students / Parents / Staff / Visitors and Others Personal data, Fee collection data, Admissions data, etc…) about themselves or their employees. This data may also include recruitment-related data, payroll data, employee details, employee bank details, tax records, etc.
Customer Data (for e.g., Internet Protocol (IP) address, mobile platform, and unique device identifier (UDID)) is also automatically collected when our customers or their end-users use our products and services.
To access our various services, users must create their accounts. In the process, customers submit the necessary information like name, email address, phone number, password, job title, phone number, and correspondence address.
When you use our applications or websites or give us direct information, we collect data, such as;
- Log Data – Our servers automatically record information when you visit or use our applications or services. In log files, this information is stored. IP addresses are an instance of this data.
- Data from Subscriptions – We also gather the data you provide when requesting a product demo or signing up for one of our newsletters.
- Contact Us Information – We gather and store this information when you contact us with questions about our goods and services so that we can get in touch with you and address your inquiry.
- Conferences and Seminars – We gather and keep the data you offer during conferences and seminars.
- Other Information – In addition to the information you give us, we also get information for marketing and sales from social media networks like LinkedIn.
Usage of client data
The Services you use and how you use them will determine how we use your personal data.
MyClassboard (MCB) shall utilize Customer Data following the customer’s requests, applicable provisions of the Customer Agreement, and as mandated by applicable law. The customer is the controller of the customer data, and MyClassboard (MCB) is the processor of that data.
Other data is used to send newsletters and reply to inquiries, comments, and other correspondence from you.
Legal bases for processing user data
We process your personal data on a legal basis. We have a legitimate interest in processing your data, and in some situations, we rely on your consent.
We only process your personal data when we have a valid reason. For the time being, our legal justification for processing customer data is the fulfillment of the contract, and for processing other data, it is a legitimate interest or consent. However, in rare circumstances, we may also be required by law to get personal data from you.
You have the right to revoke your permission at any moment when you have given it for a specific procedure.
How do we use customer data?
To authenticate and approve access to our services, we use your data.
Only on behalf of our clients and in compliance with their instructions stated in the relevant Services Agreement with us do we process Customer Data. We utilize your data to enhance your experience and assist you with our service. In every situation, MyClassboard (MCB) only gathers this data if necessary or appropriate to achieve the goals of the user’s interaction with our services.
- Delivering services: Through the MyClassboard (MCB) ERP and LMS platform, we process customer data in our capacity as a data processor to offer services to our clients.
- To communicate by email and other means: Emails, messages, and other sorts of communications regarding services, technology, and other administrative matters may be sent to you. We may also get in touch with you to let you know about modifications to our services and their availability. You cannot opt-out of receiving these communications unless you decide not to use our services, as they are deemed to be part of the Services.
- Customer service: We reply to your request and help you resolve the issue more quickly if you communicate it to us (for instance, via a support email or one of our feedback systems).
How Do We Use Other Data?
We might send you messages about our services or marketing- or promotional-related items. You can limit how your personal information is collected or used.
We use Other Data to send you corporate updates and promotional materials for your requested product demo or invite you to conferences and events that interest you. We only engage in direct marketing if you agree to receive communications from us in this manner.
Data Retention Policy
Customer Data: We keep your data as long as your Services account is active. Following any applicable statutory laws, we may also keep your personal information for longer.
MyClassboard (MCB) shall keep customer data for the time specified by the customer, as well as any conditions specified in the customer agreement and as mandated by applicable legislation. Per your instructions, we will delete or return all Customer Data when you cease using our services.
Other Data – We keep your information for as long as it’s required to fulfil the goals outlined in this privacy statement.
MyClassboard (MCB) may keep your personal Other Information for as long as required to fulfil the goals outlined in this privacy statement.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
It’s possible that the data protection rules in these nations are lower than those in your own. Your personal information is transferred internationally following the necessary security measures (such as the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission).
You can ask for access to, updates of, or corrections to your personal data. Additionally, you are entitled to object to direct marketing.
Your local law that applies to the processing may grant you extra rights. For example, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances, such as when it is done following the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and is done so to further legitimate interests. You also have the right, under GDPR, to seek the portability of your personal data and the deletion or limitation of your personal data.
Customer's Rights To Control Data
We strive to offer you simple ways to access, alter, delete, object to, or restrict the use of your personal information whenever you use our services.
We make an effort to provide you with means to rapidly view, update, or alter your data—or to have it deleted—unless we are required by law to keep it. Access to some permissions is possible through the MyClassboard application. Visitors may exercise these rights by contacting us and making a specific request.
- Right to Correct: You can edit some of your personal information through your account. In some circumstances, mainly if the information is erroneous, you can also request that we modify, update, or correct your data.
- Right to Erase: You have the right to request that we delete or remove all of your personal data (.e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Limit our use or otherwise object to its use: You can ask us to cease using all or a portion of your personal data if we are not legally permitted to do so (.e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and Take Your Data: You have the right to get a copy of your machine-readable personal data that we have collected from you.
- Rights pertaining to automated judgments, such as profiling
How Do We Share Your Data With Third Parties
Recipients Of Your Data
In order to offer you services, your data will be shared with other receivers.
Even though we try to keep it to a minimum, there are situations when it becomes necessary to share your data with specific service providers. When and why your data is shared, for instance, depends on the data center or hosting service, email marketing service, etc.
Your data will probably be shared with the recipients listed below so we can provide you with our services.
- Payment Gateways, VTS Vendors, Content Partners, etc., are examples of third-party services.
- SMTP servers from third parties, email service providers like SendGrid, SMS providers like SMSCountry, Whatsapp service providers, etc.
To Adhere to Laws: In response to a request for information, if we have reason to think that disclosing is permitted or required by any relevant law, rule, or legal process, we may do so. For example, if we sell nearly all of our assets or engage in any change of control transaction, we may also disclose your information to an acquirer.
Our Measures To Protect Your Data
We put security procedures in place to avoid security breaches and unauthorized access to your data.
We keep reasonable and suitable security measures in place to guard against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, and destruction of Customer Data.
Physical access controls, HTTPS, restricted access to data, monitoring for threats and vulnerabilities, etc., are a few security measures.
We only allow those with a legitimate business need-to-know access to the personal information we gather. To preserve the privacy and integrity of personal information throughout its proper life cycle, from collection to disposal, we make an effort to utilize acceptable security safeguards, methods, and procedures.
You can get in touch with us regarding our services or this privacy statement.
You can email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about our policy.
Your acceptance of these terms
You must agree to the terms of service and this policy to use the ERP and LMS applications from MyClassboard (MCB). Please refrain from using this application if you disagree with this policy. If modifications to this policy are posted, and you continue to use the site, it will be assumed that you agree to the changes. We must be able to deliver our services to you so that you furnish us with personal data as described in this policy. If you don’t give us accurate information, we might unintentionally be unable to provide you with the full range of services you need.
You acknowledge that your continuing use of our services following any modification to this privacy statement will represent your acceptance of the such modification and your agreement to be bound by the modified privacy statement.