Furthermore, all customer data collected is secured against unauthorized use or access. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
MyClassboard (MCB) operates a web-based and mobile application called MyClassboard (MCB) which is a part of the service that we offer.
Data Controller and Data Processor
We process two main types of personal data.
- Customer Data – Personal data that forms part of data that is provided by our customers and their end-users for processing.
- Other Data – Personal data about our visitors and other individuals that is collected and processed directly for marketing purpose.
MyClassboard (MCB) will use the Customer’s Personal Data for the purpose of providing relevant Services subscribed by the Customer as per the contract and not for any other marketing purposes.
Our customers are the controller of Customer Data. We are the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Data.
What Information Do We Collect?
As customers, you provide us with data (Students / Parents / Staff / Visitors and Others) for processing as part of the MyClassboard (MCB) application usage.
Customer Data is processed by us when the customers or their end-users, provide us or upload information into the service. For example, customers who use our application may upload Customer Data ( Students / Parents / Staff / Visitors and Others Personal data, Fee collection data, Admissions data, etc…) about themselves or their employees. This data may also include recruitment-related data, payroll data, employee details, employee bank details, tax records, etc.
Customer Data (for e.g., Internet Protocol (IP) address, mobile platform, and unique device identifier (UDID)) is also automatically collected when our customers or their end-users use our products and services.
Customers provide data that is necessary to create user accounts.
For the creation of user accounts, customers provide their name, email address, password, job title, telephone number, and correspondence address.
We collect data when you use our applications/websites or provide it directly to us.
- Log Data – Our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our applications and services. This data is recorded in log files. Examples of such data include IP addresses.
- Subscription Data – We also collect the information that you provide to us as part of signing up for our newsletters, or requesting a demo of our products.
- Contact Us Data – When you enquire about our products and services, we collect and store this data to communicate with you and respond to your enquiry.
- Seminars and Conferences – We collect and retain the information that you provide during any events and seminars.
- Other Data – Apart from data that you provide us directly, we also collect data from social media websites such as LinkedIn for our marketing and sales purposes.
We collect data through cookies
How We Use Your Data?
How we use your personal data depends on which Services you use and how you use those Services.
Customer Data will be used by MyClassboard (MCB) in accordance with the Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and as required by applicable law. MyClassboard (MCB) is a processor of Customer Data and the Customer is the controller.
Other Data is used to send our newsletters and to communicate with you effectively by responding to your requests, comments and questions.
Lawful Basis For Processing
We have a lawful basis to process your personal data. We have a legitimate interest in processing, in some cases use your consent as a basis for lawfully processing your personal data.
We process your personal data only when we have a lawful basis. Presently, our lawful basis is the performance of the contract for the processing of Customer Data and Legitimate Interest or Consent for processing Other Data. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
Where you have consented to a particular processing, you also have a right to withdraw the consent at any time.
How We Use Customer Data?
We use your data to authenticate and authorize access to our services.
We only process Customer Data on behalf of our customers and in accordance with their instructions provided in the applicable Services agreement with us. We use your data to provide you with a better experience and thus support you with our service. In each case, MyClassboard (MCB) collects such information only when it is extremely necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the interaction with our services.
- To provide Services. We process Customer Data as a Data Processor to provide services to our clients through the Myclassboard (MCB) ERP and LMS application.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services and our Services offerings. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them unless you choose to not use our Services.
- Customer Support. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we respond to your request and assist you in resolving the issue faster.
- Security purposes: To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person
- Other purposes: For any other purpose as provided for in the Services Agreement between MyClassboard (MCB) and the customer, or as otherwise authorized by the customer.
- In accordance with or as may be required by law.
How We Use Other Data?
We may send you service-related messages or marketing / promotional materials. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information.
We use Other Data to arrange a demo of our products that you request, send you promotional material and updates about the company, or invite you to conferences and events that are relevant to you. Direct marketing is carried out only if you give us consent to receive such communications from us.
Data Retention Policy
Customer Data – We retain your information as long as you have an active Services account. We may also retain your personal information for an extended period under applicable statutory laws.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
These countries may not have the same standard of data protection laws as your own country. These international transfers of your personal information are made pursuant to the appropriate safeguards (such as the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission).
You can request to access, update or correct your personal information. You also have the right to object to direct marketing.
You may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the processing. For example, if the processing of your personal information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under GDPR you also have the right to request for deletion or restriction of your personal data and ask for portability of your personal information.
Customer’s Rights To Control Data
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with easy means to access, modify, delete, object to or restrict the use of your personal information.
We strive to give you ways to access, update/modify your data quickly or delete it unless we have to keep that information for legal purposes. Some rights can be accessed from within the MyClassboard Application. For visitors, these rights can be exercised by contacting us with your specific request.
- Right to Rectify : You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Right to Erase : You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (.e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Object or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data : You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (.e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access/Take Your Data : You can ask us for a copy of your personal data that you have provided in machine-readable form.
- Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling
Your Information Shared With Others
Recipients Of Your Data
Your data will be shared with other recipients in order to provide you with services.
While we aim to limit the sharing of your data, at times, it is necessary to share your data with certain service providers. Examples of when and for what purpose your data is shared include data center / hosting services, email marketing services, etc.
The following categories of the recipient will most likely receive your data for us to provide services to you.
- Third Party Services such as Payment Gateways, VTS Vendors, Content Partners etc…
- Third Party SMTP, Email service providers such as SendGrid, SMS providers such a SMSCountry, Whatsapp service providers, etc…
To Comply with Laws: If we receive a request for information, we may disclose if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. We may also share your data to an acquirer in the event of a sale of substantially all of our assets or other change of control transaction.
Security Measures To Protect Your Data
We implement security controls to prevent breaches and unauthorised access to your data.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect Customer Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Examples of security measures include physical access controls, HTTPS, restricted access to data, monitoring for threats and vulnerabilities, etc..
We restrict access to the personal information we collect to those who have a valid business need to know that information. We endeavour to use reasonable security safeguards, practices, and procedures, and we commit to the highest level of care to protect the privacy and integrity of personal information, throughout its useful life-cycle, from collection until destruction.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this Policy, you may contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us at our mailing address below:
MyClassboard Educational Solutions Private Limited
Cyber View Towers,
Vittal Rao Nagar,
Behind Image Hospitals,
Hyderabad – 500081, India.
This website may contain links to other websites. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third-party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that myclassboard.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Your acceptance of these terms
In order to use Myclassboard (MCB) ERP and LMS applications, you must accept this policy and our accompanying terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use this site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. Provision of personal data to us under this policy is essential for us to be able to provide our services to you. Failure to provide correct and complete information to us could result in unintentional failure to provide complete and proper services to you.